Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to collect 3.3v to 5v inside chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wateror

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3.3v to 5v

I designed a chip with 3.3v/5v process. The digital part is working with 3.3v.
but the analog part need 5v power source, How can I raise the signal of digital output from 3.3v to 5v? Is there any good suggestion?

I tried a simple inverter. Though it can work, the pmos could not be shut down since the input is only 3.3v. There is some static current there. Is there any better method?

standard chips 5 volts

Instead of trying to boost the 3.3V, Simple method is to use a 5 volt for one section and then drop it to 3.3volts for use with another section. Dropping is easier than boosting. Good luck.

3.3v to 5 volt

yes, that's right. But my analog part need 5v dynamic range, so the switch signal have to be 5v. And my digital library use 3.3v circuits. There's no way for me to reverse it.

74hc voltage 3.3v 5v

you can use what is called a step-up dc dc controller
there are various manufacturers of such chips
you need a diode and an inductor also.
see for example maxim's chip
**broken link removed**

is it possible to raise 3.3 v to 5v

a clock doubler will work?

5v digital signals to 3.3v

Use voltage doubler or Levelshifter....

3.3v to 5v ic

wateror said:
yes, that's right. But my analog part need 5v dynamic range, so the switch signal have to be 5v. And my digital library use 3.3v circuits. There's no way for me to reverse it.

I'm afraid you might took pranam77 by mistake. I think what he suggest is to use 5V vdd for analog part and then shift down to supply 3.3 digital.

Another solution might use charge pump to boost vdd, but that will be costly and the 5V supply noise will be terrible if not proper deal with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back