Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to code SPDIF using Verilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashi_reddy21

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does any can give me an idea how to code SPDIF using verilog

verilog spdif

Can u please expand what is SPDIF ?

s/pdif verilog

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci213474,00.html

S/PDIF

S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) is a standard audio transfer file format. It is usually found on digital audio equipment such as a DAT (Digital Audio Tape) machine or audio processing device. It allows the transfer of audio from one file to another without the conversion to and from an analog format, which could degrade the signal quality.
The most common connector used with an S/PDIF interface is the RCA connector, the same one used for consumer audio products. An optical connector is also sometimes used.

spdif in verilog

search google for this topic .

Re: verilog

shashi_reddy21 said:
Does any can give me an idea how to code SPDIF using verilog

Like most communication standards, SPDIF has different "layers." On the electrical side, information-bits are encoded in Biphase FM modulation. A google search on that topic will explain the rules of BFM. At the 'frame' level (I'm not sure that's the correct name), the information-bits are grouped into packets of a fixed length (I already forgot the organization.)

And then of course, there are constraints on the signalling speed and actual payload. For PCM-audio payload, the effective sampling-rate is restricted to 1 of 3 choices: 32KHz, 44.1KHz, 48KHz. I'm not sure about Dolby Digital (AC-3) payloads over SPDIF, or DTS payloads over SPDIF. I know consumer DTS supports both 44.1KHz or 48KHz sampling rates (movie-theater DTS is 44.1KHz only.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back