Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose the OPA for a sensor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanklu

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I do

I have a sensor is ±10(signal voltage)

and my AD is accept 0~5 voltage

how to choose the opa

I dont know what parameter to search in the part

thank a lot

Re: How can I do

Since you sensor gives a bipolar output, you will have to use either a bipolar input ADC or do some signal conditioning. In your case you will have divide the sensore output by 2 then add +2.5V offset to it. a simple Op-Amp adder circuit will do the job. Look at the Art of Electronics if need to learn about basic opamp circuits
Good luck

hanklu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Use an opamp. Here are 3 examples. The first one will produce 0V for +10V input and 0V for -10V.
The second produces 0 at -10V input and 4V at +10V.
The third uses the entire 0~5V range, but requires a more unusual reference, which can be built with another opamp and some resistors.
Note that in the last two schematics the reference has to be able to both source and sink current, so probably you will have to use an opamp to build the reference.

As for the opamp offset and drift, it depends on the required resolution of the system. Choose the opamp such that the error will be within the allowable limits.

hanklu

How can I do

yes, use res as a devider input voltage

hanklu

I pick up

the INA128 and INA 326.

which one is better?

and I use the AD is ADS8341

How to design the circuit...