Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to choose R C value in a rf Signal amplitude detect circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciforlove

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
11.jpg
i know how to choose C58 by this
C*RL(Generally50Ω)≧(3~5)T/2
i use software to Simulation,find when r43 is changed,amplitude of V is changed ,but how to decide r43 and c59

They depend on the desired demodulation bandwidth and output loading impedance. The 0.01 uF cap after the diode will also impact bandwidth of demodulated signal based on driving impedance and diode resistance.

just a 10MHz signal,and detect its amplitude

You'd better simulate the circuit in ADS, then you can adjust the components to any values, and see the effect on the power detection.

actually i did it ,when rf amplitude is constant,R value influence output value(voltage),but i dont know if it is the reason that R is here,and how to chose R 's value

After the power detector, if you connect to a OpAmp, the series resistor is always 1K~10K.
And, normaly, there should be a big resistor, say 100K, from the detector output to GND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back