Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to choose microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is really dipends on what do you want to do?
for example if you hve some analoge inputs you must look for a micro controller with ADC
so i think you must say what do you want to do?

Is not the same to chose a flavor of microcontroller or another for a hobby project .Than to decide for the device to use in a viable comercial product .
Then all kinds of requirements need to be taken into account .Price .integration , power comsumption and voltage , and even chip size and processing power and memory requirements of the particuliar application .Also there are others parameters like is need signal processing needed ? .All this facts should be taken in consideration in a professional maner before making a final desition.
In my past experience i often had to LEARN a new processor just because it was dictated by the particuliar need !

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back