Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Choose a GPS module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsps9.99

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,

I am just a begineer in Electronics, I am presenly thinking of GPS device. Before I start off, I wish to know if there are any particular standards i should be looking into while selecting the GPS module, as there ought to be several vendors for GPS modules..

What should I be looking while I select a GPS module, are there any standards like th IEEE 802 standards for ethernet.

if it is for small project like students or study purpose then it does not make any difference... if it is for commercial application then you have to think of the standards...

Most of the GPS follow serial communication (NMEA), or SIRF or any other standards....

I am doing it as a hobbie project to learn more of electronics.

From what I came to understand about NMEA and SIRF is that there are 2 comonly used communication protocol for output. Which protocol, do you recomand for a general use...

Status
Not open for further replies.