Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose a DSP to use with an Inertial and MFL system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmontero

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to choose a DSP to use within an Inertial and MFL System, i have several analog sensors and some SPIs and power consumpion is critic.

Could you suggest me any processor???

I don't know if it would be better to use an fixed-point or an floating-point... which brand have the best performance??? ...

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help

Re: How to choose a DSP

Please send your spacification, what si your requirement and what you want to do, how fast you need to process your data. than i suggest you which DSP you may use for your particular task

How to choose a DSP

My specifications are:

Low power consumption (less than 100 mA)
3 SPI ports
floating-point
External (8 or 16 bit) Flash Memory
External (16 or 24 bit) RAM
12 or 16 bit ADCs if possible

I'm working in a real-time application that senses several physical data and try to recognise certain patterns. I want to track an element that is moving within an 3D region and i want to know if it's close to an obstacle and its shape. The prototype is intented to travel long distances such a road or a rail or a pipe.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back