Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to check the functionality between cdl and verilog RTL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusq

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the circuit guys design the circuit according to the spec. on the other hand, front guys write the RTL code according to the spec. how can you verify they function the same. You know simulation is not a good way because you have to take a great effort to compare the two result between the verilog simulation output and hspice simulation output.

i think formal verification is a good way

Verplex LEC can do it exactly

Re: how to check the functionality between cdl and verilog R

Whats formal verification ?

i know CONFORMAL LEC, however, when you use lec to extract a large circult, it is very difficult to debug. The lec will generate some logic such as the ff with set & reset tie to 0 etc...

i know sysn opsys has the tool, Formality, which can verify the netlist and verilog RTL.

Use verplex(now Cadence), Conformal LEC

A far as I know the formail verification tool like lec now just work between RTL and gate level netlist now. If you want to compare between spice netlist and rtl, you should need the translation tool like blacktie of verplex to perform the translation from spice netlist to gate level netlist in order to to the formal verification. Please tell me if anything wrong, thanks a lot... :wink: :)

If you can dump verilog netlist from your schematic, you can go formal verification.
If you only have CDL (why not spice?), you need to make script program to convert CDL to verilog format, but in the converted verilog netlist, all ports have to be set as inout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back