Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check SIM currency balance from sim300 using AT commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipersnh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to know if there exists any method to check currency balance using AT commands or getting balance value as an sms reply so that it can be parsed later. I'm using an Airtel sim.

As in many cases, searchinh Edaboard would help. The information can be requested as unstructured supplementary service data from the service provider by issuing a +CUSD command. The codes and result representations are varying between providers. See e.g. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/222848/

sorry for that.
actually i did search over, and even tried AT+CUSD=1,"*123#" but it didnt work. It shows error.
On airtel the number to check balance is *123#. Even *121# also didnt work.
Its not a syntax error, since the command takes some time before it spells error.

Is it because i'm using a phone connected to laptop using bluetooth COM port??
I guess phone or SIM300, both work the same way!

actually i did search over, and even tried AT+CUSD=1,"*123#" but it didnt work.
Unfortunately I'm unable of mind reading. Telling what you already did generally helps to get a specific answer. :)
I guess phone or SIM300, both work the same way!
The shown syntax is correct so far, the service command itself is just passed to the provider and not checked by the modem, it won't give an error if not understood by the provider. But mobile phones are not necessarily implementing the full AT command set, +CUSD is flagged optional in 3GPP TS 07.07, that's all I can say in this regard.

I assume that you typed in the command manually (with Hyperterminal or similar). As a C string, it would look different.

Ya i used a terminal software for that. (teraterm)
And even i noticed that, after these commands i got many Airtel sms'es back to back after some half an hour or so.
But none contained balance info, all had information about added services used.

Thanks for the information, i shall try it out with the actual SIM300 module, it would be clear for me.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

One last information would be better,

Do i get the balance information via sms or via a reply for at command.
And also, is it that every mobile uses these at commands (in their operating system) for call and sms reception, because i find it rather hard to use.

Just dial the number and you will get the balance message.
use ATD *123#

If you try this command you will get the balance message.

ATD*123#;

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

If you try this command you will get the balance message.

ATD*123#;

**broken link removed**

I wanted to know if there exists any method to check currency balance using AT commands or getting balance value as an sms reply so that it can be parsed later. I'm using an Airtel sim.

dinesh book
How to check SIM currency balance from sim300 using AT commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back