Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to check oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can check but it will not be accurate... like oscilloscope..

Hi friend

If you are talking about crystal of Microcontroller
then i give you one suggestion.

Write one program to blink led with one second delay.
for ex.

int main(void)
{
while(1)
{
Pin1 = 0; // Any IO Pin of Microcontroller
delay(1); // 1 Second delay
Pin1 = 1; // Any IO Pin of Microcontroller
delay(1); // 1 Second delay
}
}

This type of Program give result that
Crystal working or not.
Crystal working at specific frequency or not.

Hope this is help you
Shyam

simply check with oscilloscope or you can use multimeter to check the oscillator...multimeter should give reading of approx 2.3 when power supply of 5v is used (interfaced with microcontroller)

check if you get 2v and 2.5 volts in pin 18 and 19 where crystal is connected to controller.............

hi according to my information if check the crystal using multimeter
u will get 2v or 2.5v but if ur crystal is not working then if u will check then also u will get 2 or 2.5v....

no you wont get voltage, if the oscillation are not there... what is the capacitor you are using for crystal.. check if the value is same on both pins of crystal... it should be in range of 22 to 33 pf

Ya it is 33p on both side and if i will check that crystal which is showing 2.5v in multimeter in oscilloscope it will not show the freq... So now what u will is that crystal is working or not..

it is working then, put some working code which is tested and check the power to pin 40... definetely it should work if voltage at crystal pin and pin 18 and 19 are same....

ok i will see that and tell u about that results ..

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

he shivaram can u give me ur email id so that i can solve my problems directly..

if it does not work then there is power ON reset problem in the board..... after power ON press reset button for few seconds and release.... see if you get the controller working.....

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

It is always better to invole everyone in the forum as there are many experts here and daily i learn a lot tooo... instead of working on a single person comment, its better to take all the experts comments to solve problems quickly..............

you can measure frequency directly from the pins if you have the frequency facility in multimeter. Which microcontroller u r using? check all basic needs of microcontroller like supply,power on reset. if u are going to check with led blink code, make sure the output pin for led is pulled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.