Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check if the RF transceiver is receiving data on the SPI MISO pin using LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanraj_kmr

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
here my doubts: i have connected one RF transceiver using SPI to my processor. first i want to check whether my RF module Receiving the data or not at the SPI MISO pin using LED!!!! as well as transmitting pin MOSI.
how can do this with an LED at my transmitting board itself.

my another doubt is using RF Transceiver can i transmit the data and receive the same data using some time delay by the same RF Transceiver?????i.e there is separate Receiver, only one processor....... pls clear my doubt...........

Re: doubt on SPI

schematic attachment\]

doubt on SPI

As a general remark, different RF transceiver devices are using different ways of transmitting data from/to a processor, but I wouldn't expect much information from visualizing the SPI logic levels with LEDs.

Could be better discussed by mentioning a particular transceiver device.

The data sent by a transceiver surely can't be received by the device itself, you need two transceivers for a test setup.

Thanks for your usefull replies. my another doubt is using RF Transceiver can i transmit the data and receive the same data using some time delay by the same RF Transceiver?????i.e there is no separate Receiver for receiving the data which i 've transmitted....... pls clear my doubt...........

Hi FvM,
Just to clarify, is it not possible to have full duplex transcievers? And if it is SPI, won't the receiver provide a byte level storage, in which case it should be possible to receive the sent data. True it is necessary to know which model we are talking about.

Regards,
Laktronics

is it not possible to have full duplex transcievers
Would be possible in principle, but no usual data transceiver can. Most free bands also don't have the bandwidth necessary for full duplex.

Hi,
Thank you FvM, I was actually thinking of a single frequency multiple transceiver system based on a Master - Slave priciple where slave addresses and commands are transmitted as a Message frame. Such a scheme should also be possible with RF transceivers? In such a system the data sent should be possible to be received by the sender's receiver, any technical problem for that?

Regards,
Laktronics

doubt on SPI

The question is how existing transceiver devices handle receive during send.

Hi ,

Thanks FvM, you are right, that point is still not clear; So, Dhanraj, why don't you tell which RF transceiver you are talking about ?

Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back