Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to check Angle Variations in case of Frequency Selective Surfaces using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad idrees

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Can anybody tell me that how to check angle variations in HFSS of Frequency Selective Surface.

For the parameters like S12 and S21.:idea:

If you use master/slave boundary + floquet port, you can set scan angle 'Theta' in Tab 'Phase Delay' of Slave boundary Properties.

Hi,

i am using master/slave boundary + floquet port, but by seting scan angle 'Theta' in Tab 'Phase Delay' of Slave boundary Properties there are some problems like the design does not converge and simulation stops at 11th pass. While without doing this change the convergence is done in 6 pases only.

Can you tell me the what problem is this ??

Finally thanks for reply.

Try to increase the maximum pass number. I don't encounter this problem, the simulation with angle variation is the same as the normal incidence. The memory should be enough in the simulation.

kindly tell me about the difference between two methods below for checking the effect on S21 w.r.t : incident angle of incoming wave.

Goto->Excitations -> floquet port ->Mode setup -> Mode calculator

Then what about theta and Phi

by changing the values of these does i will get the same results as done by changing the value of theta at floquet port-> slave boundary -> phase delay :thinker:

Last edited:

The Mode calculator is used to check the existence mode number of floquet mode in different frequency and scan angles situations. This is just a setting reference, and don't impact the simulation. Changing the theta and phi in phase delay of slave boundary can simulate the oblique incidence situation. The detail explanation can be find in the help files.

Thanks for post:

Now can you tell me which setting should i use for the oblique incidence angle situation i.e which entity either phi or theta should kept constant and which variable to check the incidence angle response for S21. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back