Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change Wingman Rumblepad joysticks slider range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

you_rock

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
WINGMAN RUMBLEPAD joys

Hi everyone,

I have bought the logitch Wingman Rumblepad joystick controller as mentioned in the subject above and have found out that the slider (Throttle control) on this joystick can actually control engine speed in some games. (correct me if I am wrong?)

Now, one thing that I would like to do is change the RANGE of this slider.

Let me explain, apparently, the slider can go about 4.5 cm or 5.0 cm (maximum) (as indicated by the scale marks on the joystick itself) but let's say I want to change this value to about 10.0 cm maximum (for example to get more game engine speed)

In this problem do I have to change the actual circuit inside the joystick (so, open it and add some compononet to change the circuitry) or do I need to program it using a microcontroller or FPGA ?

If anybody can help me on this that would be great. Please give me some information as soon as possible because I need to finish this soon.

Any help is greatly appreciated and correct me if I am wrong anywhere also let me know if it can not be done and suggest something that can be done instead.

Thank you very much everyone and hope to hear from any of you soon.

cheers,

you_rock!

Re: WINGMAN RUMBLEPAD joys

No one knows about joysticks? lol :cry:

Please help!!!

thank you

Joysticks for PCs consists of two potentiometers, One for left-right and one for up-down. (and some fire buttons)

Inside the PC, there is a set of 555 timers. The timers are triggered by software and they will time-out depending on the resistor values of the potentiometers in your joystick. So, if you want to change the speed of your game, you could try soldering resistors in series or parallel to the potentiometers in your joystick. However, most software will read the value during power-up and recalibrate.

ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back