Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to change the width size of track in eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansh11

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am new with eagle software 9.5 . I went to main menu than clicked on tools, clicked on DRC then window open but I have no idea

1617539890529.png

any idea how do you change the width size of track in eagle

Hi,

DRC is design rule check.
It validates your PCB layout, but it dies not change anything.

Usually when you WIRE or ROUTE there is the menue to select width.
And already routed wire can be changed with "CHANGE WIDTH;"

Klaus

ansh11

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
use the sizes tab
DRC is design rule check
in eagle it seems that DRC is where you set the rules
there is another icon - yellow triangle with exclamation point(?) where you check to see if rules are followed

ansh11

Hi

(i) When already routed, make a RMB click on the trace, choose properties in the popup window. There you can change the trace width.
(ii) While routing and the trace connecting is still ongoing (airwire still exist), you can enter the desired width by typing the witdth e.g. 12 (on your num-block) and than pressing enter. You will see the entered number appearing in the command line in the upper part of the program window, before pressing enter.
(iii) Above this command line, there should also be a drop down menu right next to "Width", there you can change the width as well.
(iv) For a certain area/more traces which already have been routed, mark them with the routing tool (upper left, dashed rectangle icon including a mouse courser), than press the change icon (open-end wrench) and choose the desired width. Than make a RMB click on one of the already marked/grouped traces and choose "Groupe: Change" in the poped up window.

BR

ansh11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back