Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change the width of a metal path using skill code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisanthss

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to change the widht of all Metal1 path which is used inside a cell.
Is there any way to do that?
Regards
SS

If all the paths originally have the same width, you could select them all, q-edit their properties, click "all selected" and change the width property value simultaneously for all together. Then check your cds.log file for the corresponding skill code.

Thank you Erikl
I've to modify a list cells from a library.
In my previous post I forget to mention that I want to change the Metal Width using skill code.
Is there any way to do that using skill?

Regards
SS

I want to change the Metal Width using skill code.
Is there any way to do that using skill?

I told you already above: Do it once manually as suggested above -- your manual actions will be translated into skill code and logged in your cds.log file.
Check your log file and get your skill code from it, write it into a file. Then you can type the following command into the CIW: load("yourFileName") , or -- if you need to do that very often -- you could assign a bindkey to this command.

Hi Erikl
Thank you for the comments.
The CDS log file will give geiPlSetPropValue("editorNum0" "attribute" "Width" "double" 0.05) which we cannot use directly in script.
I've solved this issue by reading the path database and assiging the width list inside it.
eg:
path=geGetSelSet()
(db:0x5c22b79b)

path~>width
(0.06)
path~>width=0.1
(0.1)
Thanks
SS

Nice solution. Thanks for your feedBack!
erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back