Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change the size of the pad in Orcad Layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_kavith

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i new to this field. i m working in single layer board(top and bottom).my doubt is if i change the bottom layer to top layer in single trace, one round shape pad occurs(just i click 1 for top layer & 2 for bottom layer). that pad is so large in my layout how to change this size and different in gerber file. plz explain it

Re: orcad layout

m_kavith said:
hi i new to this field. i m working in single layer board(top and bottom).my doubt is if i change the bottom layer to top layer in single trace, one round shape pad occurs(just i click 1 for top layer & 2 for bottom layer). that pad is so large in my layout how to change this size and different in gerber file. plz explain it

any problam in orcad capture and layout please clarify this (ie what is your actual error)
Capture:
1) Create a folder
2) open capture file new project
Name---you think
Location---you select
3) Then auto open this folder you draw your hard ware.
4)Take parts(ie diode,resister etc) from Place parts tool.this you clear you tellme.

thanks for ur reply. but no doubt in capture window. i draw a schematic of pic microcontroller, with ps, uart & keypad. in layout i routed this schematic in bottom layer. for using jumpers i go to top layer. in that trace one round lik pad occurs. in this pad only all layers displayed but i already turned off all layers except top & bottom.
i read one article in that they said press <backspace> for all layers off. then press <home> for turn on. then press particular layer number & press <- sign> for turn off the that layer. i tried this method but it works without correct round shape. i need correct round shape. plz clarify it

As far as size of pad is concerned you should do the following setps to change the size of the pad
1- goto tool->padstack->select from spreadsheet
2- a chart will be open,goto to the top of the chart,here you find "VIA1" is written
3- change the parameters of it as you like for example if only top and bottom layers are required then select them and give the desired size,then you can disable rest of the layers.
This way you can change the size of your via.
you can make upto 16 different via's by changing the parameters.
Hope this would help you.

If it helped you then click on the helped icon

sir

please select view spredsheet from tool menu in orcad layout then select pad stack and change pad shape and size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back