Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change Samsung mobile charger to power USB Mp3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compy

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

can i give power to my USB mp3 player with my Samsung Charger what i want to ask is

i listen to mp3 songs from my mp3 player in my car and im tired of changing cells i have got a Sumsung charger which i use to charge my samsung mobile from car i want it to also give power to my mp3 player...

is it possible or harming ???

i m thinking to replace samsung connecter with Usb connecter and then i will use it to give power to mp3 player but m confused is it harming, ny possibility of damage ??

help me thanks

Re: Usb Mp3 Player

BE sure to only provide 500mA maximum to your MP3 player because this is the maximum an USB port can provide I think.

You better check the USB standard usb.org for the exact value of maximum current.

You need a 5V stabilised supply. If your Samsung charger supplies 5V then is fine, else it will damage your mp3 player.
The PC´s USB port supplies 5V with a maximum current of 500mA.

So you only need 5V stabilised with at least 400-500mA current cababilities.

i think its 3.7 or 4.7 m not sure but if it was 3.7 or 4.7 wouldn't it work ?

It is better to make a 5v power supply by putting a 7805 voltage requlator with a current limiting resistor which will step down the car 12v to 5v.

Usb Mp3 Player

hi all,

so have anybody out there.... tried charging the player with external power supply...by leaving the data pins of the port unconnected!!!

thanks

hi

its possible to use other charger with same voltage but not recommended for such electronic devices also mobile charger gives only 3.6V but USB is at 5V and 2cells make 3V ,

u should use a newly available device

12V to AC220/120V converter for cars.
with it u can use a normal AC2DC adopter or USB voltage generator, i think normal USB voltage cant b used in these players so u could use an adopter for exact 3V inplace of cells(i recommend this use)

Added after 1 hours 40 minutes:

lss said:
It is better to make a 5v power supply by putting a 7805 voltage requlator with a current limiting resistor which will step down the car 12v to 5v.

it will not b a good idea bcz 7805 regulates voltage when converting from AC2DC

Status
Not open for further replies.