Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change more resolution DPI JPEG files using Microsoft Paint 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

raju_kambar

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have drawn the graph, what I need is, I want to save the graph as JPEG files with more than 300 DPI. Because presently it is showing 96 dpi resolution of verticle and horizontal. When I checked the while saving JPEG files, it is not allowing to change the desired DPI to our saving files.

Is it not possible to change the desired DPI while saving files as JPEG. If it is possible which option we have to use while saving JPEG files to get more than 300 DPI resolution.

Attachments

• Resolution_JPEG.jpg
    Resolution_JPEG.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 107

Hi,

In Windows Paint, It's not Possible. For changing DPI , you need a software that can manipulate Canvas Parameters , not actual image.

For a Free Software you can use Paint.NET (~6MB) from :
https://www.getpaint.net/index.html

after installing it, open your image and go to this menu :

Image >> Canvas Size

in this dialog only change Resolution to you desired Value (don't change width or height). For Example if you change the Resolution to 370 with pixel/inch (as unit) , your image will be 370DPI.

JPG and Jpeg file types destroy most schematics by making them fuzzy. Use a PNG file type instead which makes a very clear schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.