Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change instance in Cadence automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melkord

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For example, I want to simulate 3 versions of my amplifier using the same testbench or I want to do transient simulation using 2 different inputs.

What I did so far is changing the instances manually and do the simulation one by one.
Is there any way to automate it? maybe a script to write or a setup to make?

Why not put them all in one schematic and
simulate them all at once?

Why not put them all in one schematic and
simulate them all at once?
I did that as well to evaluate the DUTs.

But the trick does not work if I want to change the input signal source, e.g., changing from sinusoid to pulse for transient simulation.

Of course I am open to any suggestion to make my simulation more streamline.

There is a lot of ways to do such thing.
You can create stimuli cell with various views and sweep them in config view.
Create stimuli netlist with various sections and sweep them in corner setup.
Define stimuli in test in ADE.
Or, what seems to be the simplest for you - use variable to control/enable/disable various sources.
For example, you want to stimuli your circuit with pulse/square on one test, and sinusoidal signal on other.
Connect two sources together (if voltage in series, if current in parallel), define variable like TRAN_SIM and use if/else statement inside amplitude of these sources. It can looks like following (i am writing from finger so syntax might be wrong)
Code:
V_SIN (VIN1 VSS) vsource type=sin amp=(TRAN_SIM==1?10m:0) freq=1M
V_SQUARE (VIN VIN1) vsource type=square amp=(TRAN_SIM==2?10m:0) period=1u
If in test, TRAN_SIM is set to 1, then sinusoidal signal will be provided, if TRAN_SIM is equal 2, than square signal, if any other value, no signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back