Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to change incident power in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zohre

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I have a problem. i want change default power (1w) in hfss.
i know that is in Edit source/scaling factor in hfss. but i don't know how to change value scaling factor. i mean i want
power 20kw, so what value I write this tab?:cry:
thanks for your help

scale factor is Power_wanted/1W
So for 20kW enter 20000

hi. thanks for your attention.
in hfss , voltage determined in Edit source. then we should write voltage no power. in hfss Edit source v=1 then i think the power couldn't 1watt. i think hfss help had mistake.

ScaleFactor is given in terms of power. To every port, a voltage source in series with an resistor is connected. They form a "Power Source" that can deliver a certain maximum power to your structure. That is the ScaleFactor you enter in the "Edit sources" dialog. The voltage source has a peak value of V_peak = sqrt(2) * 2* sqrt(P * Z0).
You can check this by calculating the antenna parameters (in your design-tree right click 'Radiation' -> Insert Far Field Setup -> Infinite Sphere -> OK; Right click on 'Infinite Sphere1' -> Compute Antenna Parameters -> OK; The value 'Incident Power' should be the same as the sum of your ScaleFactors.

HI.
THANKS
in edit source we have two option. 1- incident voltage 2- total voltage.
where i enter my voltage?

You are running a Driven Terminal Solution so all you can scale is total and incident voltages on a port. Change the type to Driven Modal (HFSS -> _Solution Type -> Set Driven Modal) and all excitations are in terms of power.

Have Fun

thanks for your atention.
i would be mind if you tell me what is the diferent of total voltage and incident voltage in HFSS.? and can i use voltage insted power? have different answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back