Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to change incident power in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chourizo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Default incident power is 1W. How to change it? Maybe adding more wave ports with different phases?

What is the scale factor defined in the port?

Hello,

The power input can be changed in the following menu :
HFSS/Fields/Edit Source

Thanks for the reply, Hash.

I can only change the phase, offset and scaling factor, but not the power. Maybe it´s because of using wave ports.

Chourizo said:
Thanks for the reply, Hash.

I can only change the phase, offset and scaling factor, but not the power. Maybe it´s because of using wave ports.
Changing the scaling factor, you will change the power amplitude !

Chourizo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi friends,

Can you please tell me. how can I find the impedance for the wave port, for which I have calculted my S Parameters.

Or How can I find input impedance of my model.

Its a simple circular waveguide, excited with two wave ports on each end.

hi friend
how do you use wave ports in your circular waveguide?

Can you please tell me. how can I find the impedance for the wave port, for which I have calculted my S Parameters.

There is a quantity called "Port Zo" which is the transmission line impedance for the port. It appears in the list next to S,Y,Z parameters.

Adding further to a similar query, how do we change the amplitude of the ports in CST Microwave Studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back