Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to change exp. function like gaussian to linear funtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.rana

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to linearized

Hi,

I need to get linear function from exp. function " gaussian disterpution" (exp with x²), I need it for some application.
e.g.
f(x) = a * exp (- (x-u)²/b)

where a and b are constant

i tried to take the Log for the exp. function and then take the root squair for the function but dont now if this way is work and what about the f(x) , is also effect with log and root squair!!!!!! ,
and if i want to test it in which program would be help , matlab or other.please can you advice me for the solution.

thankx
Rana

Added after 21 minutes:

hi

here is what i tried to write it by matlab and I putted only one value for X,
but i need to enter 100 value and i have the data, what will be the change in for loop and i dont know if i am in the right way,
please i am waiting the reply

w = 0.2; PI = 3.141;
u = 10; x= 6.5;
y = 1/(w*sqrt(2*PI))*exp(-(x-u)^2/2*w^2);
z = log(y);
d = sqrt (z);

thankx
Rana

how do you change a function to log

Hi Rana,

I do not understand your problem.
Do you need a transformation such that a cumulative gaussian function becomes a linear function?
Regards

Z

gaussian function and linear function

Hi

anything can change or transfer the Gaussian function to linear it will be helpful.
Please if you have even an idea inform me as soon as possible, then I can try different ways to reach the goal of this work ( get linear function from Gaussain function)

regards
Rana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back