Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change both number and length of wires in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohat

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CST question!!!!

Hi,
I am working on a design which has parameters such as N (number of turns),s (spacing) etc.I am drawing a wire which has shape rectengular spiral and I draw wires according to N that is I draw 4*N wires.Also the lengths of wires depend on N. I want to change the shape when I changed N, that is when N is 20 there are 80 wires and when I enter N as 10 there are 40 wires.Also the lenghts of wires change by the change of N.When I drew a structure with N=20 and then changed N=10, the number of wires does not change (It is still 80 not 40).Only the lenghts of wires change according to formulas.Could you suggest me a way to change both number of wires and lenghts of wires at the sime time when I changed N.

Re: CST question!!!!

Hi

Write a small macro with a For I = 1 to N loop to generate the wires. This should only be a few lines of code....

F.

Status
Not open for further replies.