Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to change bandwidth and sample time in OFDM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappasm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have implemented a system OFDM 2K with band of 8 MHz, style DVB-T. Using a system clock of 64 MHz everything works perfectly. Now I should be able to decrease the band OFDM to 7/6/5 MHz using the same 64 MHz clock. To get the bandwidth of 8 MHz in 2K (1705 active portant), simply clock output data from a IFFT at period of 7/64e6 = 109.375 nS.

In that way or with that technique can reduce the clock out for obtain 7/6/5 MHz of band ? Without necessarily changing the clock 64 MHz ?

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Kappa.:

Re: OFDM switch band ...

Yes you need only the 64 MHz Clock. You should be able to change the bandwidth by changing the sampling period.

Re: OFDM switch band ...

Thanks m_pourfathi,

You should be able to change the bandwidth by changing the sampling period.

But how to change the sample time ? Changing the clock scheme ? Do not distort the signal ?

Example:

Code:
Band     |     Clock Scheme    |  Sample time
----------------------------------------------------
8 MHz    | 1010101010101010    | 7/64e6
7 MHz    | 1101010100101010    | 8/64e6
6 Mhz    | ???                 | 7/48e6
5 MHz    | ???                 | ???

You can give me an example ?

Kappa.

Status
Not open for further replies.