Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate throughput in Xilinx vivado?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daskk62

I have designed a FFT algorithm using verilog -HDL in xilinx vivado software and I want to calculate the throughput of the design. The input used consisting of 100 samples each of which 16-bit wide . What is the formula for calculating Throughput and what are the values needed to calculate the throughput?

maybe explain what you tried to do and what values you couldn't grab from the tool? I mean, throughput is throughput. it is self explanatory.

I would have thought that the FFT processing is typically clocked (rather than relying on gate delays etc.) and so the clock speed would define the 'throughput'. You clock in each of your 100 samples and continue to clock until the last part of the output is received through all of the butterflys (or however you are doing the FFT).
Susan

How do you want to measure it?
Words/second
Bits/second
values/clock
cats/week

We need lots more information before you can calculate throughput. Its also not a calculation Vivado will give you, but something you have to work out yourself.

I have designed a FFT algorithm using verilog -HDL in xilinx vivado software and I want to calculate the throughput of the design. The input used consisting of 100 samples each of which 16-bit wide . What is the formula for calculating Throughput and what are the values needed to calculate the throughput?
FFT (or any digital function) throughput is the ratio of sample rate at output relative to input. For example if within a time slot you input 2 frame of fft but get 1.5 frame at output then throughput is 1.5/2. It is different from latency which is the delay from first input to first output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back