Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the standard cell height?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amara

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

How we can calculate (fix) the standard cell height? Is their any document
available on this?

Thanks

routing track standard cell

Hi,
Normally Cell height = integer multiple of (horizntal/vertical)routing pitch or track.

for power & ground = need 4 tracks
for I/O pins = need 4-5 tracks
for routing = need 2-3 tracks.

So a standard cell can be available in 9-12 tracks height.

Note:
track width = metal width.
track spacing = metal min spacing.

heght of standard cell

Thanks Shiva,

Recently we did 7 - Track height for standard cell layout for Ultra high density cells. Here I have clarifications on track width as you mentioned that track width equals to metal width is it metal 2?

Because in our design m2 width and spacing is equals to track width and spacing.

Could you explain more on how to calculate height of the cell?

standard cell heights

hello amara .

I am not sure if this is correct answer .. but the height of the standard cell is fixed and we make all other cells based on this standard height . we use here ST cells .. and make all other cells based on this .. let me know if I am wrong ..

suresh

standard cell track

amara said:
Thanks Shiva,

Recently we did 7 - Track height for standard cell layout for Ultra high density cells. Here I have clarifications on track width as you mentioned that track width equals to metal width is it metal 2?

Because in our design m2 width and spacing is equals to track width and spacing.

Could you explain more on how to calculate height of the cell?

hi,
Usually , horizantal routing track width depends on (M2 min width)
vertical routing track width depends on (M3 min width) assuming VHV routing architecture..

Normally M2 & M3 will have same min. and max. dimensions

amara i am basically into DFT i u want more information u can reach mail id neethanac@gmail.com, this person working in the library development team ..

how is std cell height determined

Thanks Shiva,

You have explained correct. I will be touch with you & your friend.

Regards
Amar

height fixed in stanadard cell

Check your lib data

Re: Standard cell height

Hi,
how calculate macro blockage size in floorplan. if any formula using track width,i/o pins.

reply me

Regards,
Ravi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back