Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the scheduling delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roustabout

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Scheduling delay for packet scheduler to switch between queue = packet sezie / output link bandwidth. Is it correct?

I would appreciate if anyone point to me a reference on the matter above.

Thank you.

roustabout,

Hope this paper helps,

mindrover

Scheduling delay for packet scheduler to switch between queue = packet sezie / output link bandwidth. Is it correct?

I would appreciate if anyone point to me a reference on the matter above.

Thank you.

Hi,

scheduling delay depends upon the scheduling policythat is being used. For example in case of Round Robin (RR) policy, if the BW available is same then scheduling delay is constant for each user.

If you are using Proportional Fair (PF) then the user with the highest average rate will have more delay.

so there are many scheduling policies and scheduling delay for the user depends totally upon the scheduling policy being used.

I hope this will help you.

Oh one more thing for detail study u can see any of the following books:

Channel Adaptive Technologies by Vincent K. N. Lau et al

Wireless Communications by Andrea Goldsmith

Fundamentals of Wireless Communications by David Tse et al.

BR,

Arif Khan

Please press helped me !!!!

roustabout

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wOo 3 points...Thank me for that... hehehe

As in my understanding, the formula in my first post is use to simulate how fast (i.e. delay) a packet should be sent into the link based on the bit rate parameter. As for Round Robin is concerned, delay calculated from the formula can be used as an interval to switch between queues. For example, the interval is 5 seconds and there are 4 queues. The scheduler just dequeue at each queue on every 5 seconds interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.