Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate the FPGA size Vs requirment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_hanks

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FPGA is suitable?

I have a processor interface and 2Mbit of register to design in FPGA.

Do you think this FPGA will do the job..

System gates:1Million
Df/f: 24000
RAM:144Kbits

Can you show, how to calculate the FPGA size Vs requirment??

Its urgent...

Tom

Re: FPGA is suitable?

if you need just memory of 2Mbit then it is not recommended that mount such design on fpga,solution is that only memory interface circuit design on fpga with external memory of size >=2Mbit,
altera kits have 8-16Mbytes external memory on board [DE1,DE2 boards] along with chip capacity up to 20k luts.

still if you want all these design in fpga then there are number of fpga numbers which has capacity to dump all your design in 1/10 part area.

>>EP1AGX60DF780C6N
FPGA, ARRIA GX, 60K ELEMENTS, FBGA780
Programmable Logic Type:FPGA; Logic IC Function:EP1AGX60D; Logic IC Family:FPGA; Logic IC Base Number:60; I/O lines, No. of:350; Macrocells, No. of:60100; Frequency:622.08MHz; I/O I;

>>EP2C70F672C8
FPGA, CYCLONE II, 70K ELEMENTS, FBGA672
Programmable Logic Type:FPGA; Logic IC Function:EP2C70; Logic IC Family:FPGA; Logic IC Base Number:2;

>>EP2C50F484I8
FPGA, CYCLONE II, 50K ELEMENTS, FBGA484
Programmable Logic Type:FPGA; Logic IC Function:EP2C50; Logic IC Family:FPGA; Logic IC Base Number:2;

i think this will be sufficient to your design.

Re: FPGA is suitable?

Do you need to design an address decoder for a processor bus?

If that's the case, you can better look at a small CPLD. it will do the job for you.

If not, I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question, please elaborate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back