Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the efficiency in percent using cst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,

anyone know how to calculate the efficiency in percent using cst?
hope u all can help me.

regards,
kyg

Re: efficiency in cst

hello

well you need to define the farfield monitor for the desired frequency. after simulation
you can check the farfields folder . when you plot the 3D farfield pattern it will give you both radiated as well as total efficiency

i hope this helps

regards

Reactions: amntt

amntt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks syahid....

what is radiated efficiency? can we calculate using the formula?
gain=efficiency x directivity?

efficiency in cst

Efficiency = radiated power / power fed to the antenna, but don't get surprised if this goes over 100% sometimes, if the system is lossless. There is always some numerical error, particularly due to the radiation boundaries...

efficiency in cst

how about gain?
how we can know the distance and how far the antenna can be radiate from the gain that we get?

hello

well you need to define the farfield monitor for the desired frequency. after simulation
you can check the farfields folder . when you plot the 3D farfield pattern it will give you both radiated as well as total efficiency

i hope this helps

regards

i do this but rad.efficiency which i see is not in percent it is in db how i can convert it to percent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back