Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Calculate RCS USing HFSS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad idrees

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all;

I have designed an FSS for band stop applications successfully using HFSS version 15. Now i want to calculate RCS of the same FSS. Is it possible to calculate?
If it is possible then please tell me how we can calculate it in HFSS.

Is there any formula for RCS calculation using S-parameters (S11, S21 etc.):???::???::???:

With Best Regards:
Muhammad Idrees

Hi all;

I have designed an FSS for band stop applications successfully using HFSS version 15. Now i want to calculate RCS of the same FSS. Is it possible to calculate?
If it is possible then please tell me how we can calculate it in HFSS.

Is there any formula for RCS calculation using S-parameters (S11, S21 etc.):???::???::???:

With Best Regards:
Muhammad Idrees

RCS and S parameters are for different types of excitation.. S parameters are evaluated after exciting the structure with one or more ports and then the information at the ports (currents, voltages, fields etc. depending on the method of solution) are used to calculate it.
RCS is an estimate of the signature scattering of the body in far-field when the excitation is not through ports, but irradiated using electromagnetic wave (most generally a plane wave).. So, they are different..
In HFSS you can certainly do an RCS characterization across azimuth and elevation angles and for that you have to excite the structure with a plane-wave excitation.

thanks catherine_smith

I have used Floquet ports to analyse the FSS, so in case of floquet ports along with master and slave boundaries we cannot calculate the RCS right?

Actually floquet port also excites the structure by incident wave(plane wave). Is there any possibility to calculate RCS of the FSS with Floquet port.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks catherine_smith

I have used Floquet ports to analyse the FSS, so in case of floquet ports along with master and slave boundaries we cannot calculate the RCS right?

Actually floquet port also excites the structure by incident wave(plane wave). Is there any possibility to calculate RCS of the FSS with Floquet port.

RCS and S parameters are for different types of excitation.. S parameters are evaluated after exciting the structure with one or more ports and then the information at the ports (currents, voltages, fields etc. depending on the method of solution) are used to calculate it.
RCS is an estimate of the signature scattering of the body in far-field when the excitation is not through ports, but irradiated using electromagnetic wave (most generally a plane wave).. So, they are different..
In HFSS you can certainly do an RCS characterization across azimuth and elevation angles and for that you have to excite the structure with a plane-wave excitation.

How to Plot the monostatic RCS for dbsm vs Frequency in HFSS 13 ?

I have followed the method in help, but the results i found are as IWaveTheta[deg] vs dBm

so plz .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back