Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate effective capacitance at node of circuit in ads 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ata-Va

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body
I wanna calculate effective capacitance at output node of my designed circuit. I am using ADS 2013 version of software.
Does ADS have any option to calculate it automatically or should i write an equation for it?
thx for you helps

If you want to measure the capacitance with respect to the frequency, place an AC generator between the node you want and ground (I suppose you want the capacitance referred to ground). The parameter save current has to be "yes". Then name the node, f.i. "out".
Do the simulation and in the result sheet place an equation to first calculate the inductance as Z=out/out.i (sorry I don't remember the exact synopsis and I've no access to ADS in this moment).
Then place a second equation to calculate the capacitance in F as C=-1/(6.28*imag(Z)*freq) or C=-1e12/(6.28*imag(Z)*freq) if you want pF.

thx dear albbg for you reply
actually i don't wanna calculate the capacitance respect to frequency I have dc analysis and I wanna calculate the output capacitance, in Hspice there is a command for this purpose ".option captab".

I don't know Hspice, however I never used a similar command in ADS. It could be you find something under the operating point parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.