Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate current coefficinets from s-parameters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdel-Baky

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For Chebyshev current distribution of an array antenna elements, how to recheck the current distribution (ratio) given only the s-Parameters ??
In another words, is mag(s31)^2 / mag(s21)^2 = I3/I2 or is it mag(s31)/mag(s21)=I3/I2 ??? , ANY relating paper or equation plz :)
Many Thanks in advance

mag(s31)/mag(s21) is a scalar voltage gain relation between port 2 and port 3 and i think the current is linked with Z0. And in your first case it should be square root for current and voltage.

Last edited:

Isn't mag(s31)^2 / mag(s21)^2 = power@port3 / power@port2 !!!
that is, mag(s31)^2 = mag(s21)^2 =V3*I3/V2*I2 ,and for parallel corporate feeding network for the array elements, we may cancel V2 and V3 together, having at the end,
mag(s31)^2 = mag(s21)^2 =I3/I2 , is that right or i am missing something ??!!
Many Thanks for your time and help :)

You are right: the relation mag(s31)^2 / mag(s21)^2 = power@port3 / power@port2 equals the current relation mag(s31)^2 = mag(s21)^2 =I3/I2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back