Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to caculate the output impedence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_li

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
Can you tell me how to caculate the following schematics output impedence?
Thank you,

The left side impedance is 75+75 = 150 ohms.
I assume IOUT/IOUTB is a differential current sink, so it ideally won't affect the impedance.
The center-tap also has no effect on impedance.
The transformer is connected backwards, so it decreases the impedance by 1.5.
The output impedance is 150 ohms / 1.5 = 100 ohms.

John_li

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The data sheet of the AD9858 states DAC output impedance as 100K. The shunt capacitance of the DAC output however, is not stated but must be measured. If you are operating up around 70MHz, as suggested by the flux type transformer, the imaginary part will have a major effect.

John_li

Thank you,echo47 and Frannk,your reply is helpful to me.

Hi,

Well, speculations of echo47 are right till the statement that transformer "decreases the impedance by 1.5". Really transfromation factor of submitted configuration is R/n^2. So, the correct answer is 2*75/1.5^2=66.7Ohm.

Rgds

John_li

sanim, the schematic says "impedance ratio" is 1.5, not "turns ratio". So I think my calculation is correct.

John_li

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back