Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build your own wireless mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selvaraja

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reciver 27mhz mc13135

hai guys,

do anyone have any idea have build your own wiressless mouse ...where to get their parts ...tools do use to design ....and so on.....

Re: wireless mouse

Hi,
I'm intrested in this topic too.
I thought about it alot, I think best way is to buy a low cost optical mouse &
make it wireless, it just need a FM transmiter, something like MC2833.

At the begining I wants to use digital format but it's too complicated for this simple
comunication. I do some funny tests! [becuse I havent got required tools like oscilloscope], it seems like PWM modulation ,so a FM transmiter would be enough.

POWER , the main problem!
we just can talk about it during the work, actualy, if you wants to countinue. ?

regards
Mosh

selvaraja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Interesting problem. I was working on a solution to it and gathered much information at one time. Here is some of what I learned:

1. Most wireless mice are at 27MHz since this is truely an international band free to use.

2. The TX is very simple, a xtal oscillator at 1/2 the TX frequency (~13.5MHz) that has a simple one transistor oscillator and an output stage that multiplies the frequency by 2 followed by a frequency selective simple LC filter at the TX frequncy. Another device is used as a varactor (very simple, typically just another transistor) in the xtal tank used to FM the oscillator based on the ucontroller drive.

3. The RX is typically an FM demod part such as the Motorola MC13135/13136 (very good receivers!) driving a corresponding RX ucontroller. There are several components used for this including the channel xtal, IF filter and quad coil. Not as simle as the TX.

4. One thing to note, the antennas are loop antennas set with a capacitor to resonate at the RF freuquency, but at 27MHz will have a loss of > 30dB! Not very good but it helps to limit the range!

Ron

Hi,
Intresting information Ron,

where you fin them, can you refer some links? i want to know more detailed info's.
& another things, have you got any sample shcematic?

and another problem, for hardware hanshaking we will need a sender & a receiver
in each side, or we should instal the driver manualy, or..., have you got any idea?

thanks in advance
Mosh

ronsmithy said:
4. One thing to note, the antennas are loop antennas set with a capacitor to resonate at the RF freuquency, but at 27MHz will have a loss of > 30dB! Not very good but it helps to limit the range!

Do you have any ideas how to improve the range with simple modifications? I've got the problem that the range of my wireless keyboard&mouse is limited to about 2 - 3m. But i need ca. 4 - 5m. So perhaps adding an external antenna?

Mik

wireless mouse

using ic to set the frequence to transmit and recieve.

wireless mouse

I had done myself with IR signals, take care of the +- pins of IR diodes.

check agilent site for mouse design
or you can easily design one with cheap optic mouse and rx/tx modules

Status
Not open for further replies.