Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build modem for only send and receive the msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

potetojb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
build modem

hello

i want to build the modem for only send and receive msg.. and the modem can connet to microcontroller and the vb.

can some one help me..

i my country the modem is very expensive..

if i build the modem i can save my money for another project..

if my idea crazy please tell me..

hope someone can help me.

how build modem

Hi,

Some people will probably know exactly what you are talking about...exactly what you want. But I'm afraid I need a bit more information before I can say anything.

...and the modem can connet to microcontroller and the vb.

Whats 'VB'? Do you mean visual basic or something? Or do you want an actual PC modem...for connecting to the internet? Like 56K or something?

If it is microcontorller to PC communication, I'm sure I (and many others) can help.

Regards,

Buriedcode

how to build modem

ok..

i use Visual basic 6 for read receive (incomming) msg from cell phone ( sony ericcson T610 have build in modem )..

and i use PIC16F84A ( PIC BASIC PRO ) and cell phone ( sony ericcson T610 have build in modem ) for send msg.

so i use 2 build in modem phone. so i want try build the modem. same function like T610.

u say about this
" you want an actual PC modem...for connecting to the internet ".

i dont understand.. can u libarite..

sory for my bad english

build a modem

Hello again,

I think I have a better understanding now.

u say about this
" you want an actual PC modem...for connecting to the internet ".

Sorry, I thought you wanted to browse the web.

So, am I right in thinking you want this setup:

PC (VB6) - > 16F84A (programmed with PICBASIC) -> Sony T610 phone.

This link has exactly what you want:
https://www.usbdeveloper.com/GSMModule/USBDeveloper.GSMcable.html

But, as you said...you want to build it yourself, am I correct?

Well, you *might* not need the PIC. The cable in the picture on that website is very small, so I think it just connects directly to the phone, using RS232, with possibly some level-shifting electronics (resistors, transistors, caps etc..).

The difficult part would be finding a connector for the phone. Once you have that, it should just be a case of adding a 'buffer' (like two logic inverters on each line, Tx, and Rx) and connecting it to your PC.

Pinouts:
https://pinouts.ru/data/erics_t28.shtml
pin 10: GND
pin 4: Rx (connected to PC's Tx)
pin 5: Tx (connected to PC's Rx)

And pins 2 and 3, say they are used as CTS and RTS.

I hope this helps. Once you can communicate with it on your PC, I'm sure theres software about that can control it, or maybe you could write your own.

Regards,

BuriedCode.

how to build a modem

hello

thank
Buriedcode

i all ready know about the website..

i want build the modem ( low cost ).. what i mean the new modem can support at command just for send and receive msg..

16f84a t610

can anyone help me.. please give some example for converting 7 bit to 8 bit for uC 89c2051 ( pdu mode)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back