Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to build integrated clock gating cell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeyxyb

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
integrated clock gating cell

Hi, all:
I am trying to optimize power of my chip , and I am using clock gating
methedology , because my library has no integrated clock gating cell , so I
use multi-cell to build a clock gating cell ( OR, LATCH AND INV etc) , but I found
it's difficult to meet timing of clock gating check , and I have requied Astro place
them together.
So I want to build a integrated clock gating cell to improve the effect. But I don't know how to do it, I have browsed all the documents of STAR-MTB(Synopsys) , but no detail informations about how to generate it, can anybody help me?

Thanks!

clock gating cell

if you have star_mtb, i remeber there are two demo, one is dff, another is or(i dont remeber exactly), you can follow the demos

what is integrated clock gating?

hi, I can use star-mtb generate all the other standcell (including DFF ,Latch, AND , INV ,BUF , OR ,ADD, etc..) except integrated gating cell, but when I generate clock gating cell , the tools can't work , it report " can't initialze output port ...."

integrated clock gate cell

sorry, i have not used star_mtb for three years, the error generated when you run sml?
the port type is configured correctly in grd file?

integrated clock gate

You need a dedicated cell for gating clock in your design lib
These cells are designed for this task

Hi all:
Are there more perples familier with this?

Some nice **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back