Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build an IO pad cell design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyismylimit

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one suggest me about who to proceed with IO pad cell design...
As it has large transistors of huge width and ESD protection cicuitry,, can any one help me in telling what actually inside it and how to proceed with layout of such circuitry...

thanks in advance..

skyismylimit

IO pad design

Usually the foundry will provide you the layout and schematic of your IO pad which is actually two diodes.

Re: IO pad design

Can you give more detail? What are you trying to do? If you are doing digital stuff, pads cells are usuallly part of the library along with the standard cells. If you are doing analog, then please give some basic info about speed, voltage, output current,etc.

As for ESD your layout design rules will have a section on how to lay out output devices to protect them from ESD.

David Reynolds

<basic esd and I/O design> . "EDA E-books upload/download " has the book

IO pad design

using two large(w/l) mos or two diodes.

examine this book hope u will like it:

how can we simulate this matter by hspice
thx

The price of that book is much expensive,who has e-edition? who will share with everyone? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back