Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a LED bargraph to detect 0V to 5V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jianwei

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was wondering how do i build a led bargraph to detect 0V to 5V? 0V mininum and 5V max. With the use of LM3914N or LM3916. If there are other chips then can be used, please let me know.

make led bargraph

LM3914N or LM3915 is the cheapest and easiest and widely used IC to make a 10 LED bar graph. It can be calibrated to any full scale value required with chnaging the biasing resistors. There are other Ic's like LB1405 which will give 5 LED output. TA7666 with 2 x 5 LED output etc. Good luck

led bar graph

is there any circuits that I can refer to?

bargraph circuits

how to I build a 0 ~ 5V led bargraph.
Since there are 10 led i presume, how i make increase 0.5V will light up 1 bar , 2 bar when 1V etc..

10 led bar graph

If you go thrrough the data sheet you will see that you can adjust the "Hi" level and "Low" scale redaing of the IC with external resistors. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back