Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Build a Fast Charger for Car Lead Acid Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kengloong

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm now using a car lead acid battery in my UPS System, now almost a week already my battery still not fully charged yet.

So, I planned to build a fast charger in my UPS, any someone can give me some idea how to build it?

Regards,
Keng Loong, Liew

A typical safe charge rate is 0.1 times the battery's capacity, so it takes about half a day to charge it. If it's a 60 ampere-hour 12V battery, then your charging supply should output about 13.8V and limited to 6 amps.

You can apply several times that much current for quicker charge, but refer to the battery data sheet for reliability info.

What is the formula to calculate this charging time? Any circuit that you can provide to myself that I can build up the fast charger for my UPS.

Can anybody advice that to build up another fast charger to attach to the UPS so that I no need to modify the UPS original circuit?

Please advice, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back