Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a car key light circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt16

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Car key light

First off, my understanding of electronics is very basic, I understand mechanical systems much better, but I am interested in learning more.

I would like to build a circuit which lights up a small light bulb near the ignition in my car after I close the car door and the courtesy light goes off so I can see where to put the key.

I am thinking that I could run a circuit parallel to the courtesy light circuit and put a capacitor on this circuit and a small light bulb. Am I on the right track?

Thanks
Matt

Re: Car key light

Read up on the 555 timer chip. This will give you the delay you need for a small LED to remain alight for say 30 seconds after you close the door. You will have to take a trigger from the courtisey light to activate the 555 timer

Matt16

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back