Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to build a battery model in hspice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostxu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to simulate the battery charging procedure, but i don't know how to build a battery model with the components that hspice supports.

A battery charging session is a strongly nonlinear procedure. I doubt Spice can do that easily. You would have to insert all kinds of time-dependent elements (huge RC constants, triggering all sorts of shunt or bypass transistors in order to simulate the "top-off" curve when the battery is full.

Perhaps this article is interesting:
**broken link removed**

It describes modelling a battery in VHDL-AMS, a language more suitable for modelling complex piecewise linear behaviour.

For a simply model, you can use a capacitor and a voltage controlled current source to do.

i think you can use the RC circuit to simulate the capacitance charging and discharging case in hspice.

use cap and vcvs and vdc

A pleasant day to you.I am making circuit to charge a NiMH battery.I am having problem on how to make a battery model using Hspice and I found your suggestion a very simple one.I want to try this,but I dont know how to connect the cap and vcvs.Is it in parallel or in series?I am also confuse on to what voltage thus this vcvs dependent to?is it voltage from the supply or from the capacitor?can I ask a little illustration for this?Thank you so much in advance.

Hi erikl,

A pleasant day.

I saw the graphs of the ppt that jutek shared,but I saw the parameters extracted was from Lithium-Ion.I just would like to ask if this method can be applied for extracting parameters for NiMH since these two batteries have different charging and discharging behavior.Thank you for helping.

Sure the method can be applied, but you need to extract the corresponding parameters for your specific accumulator. The suggested model (proposed by Min Chen & Rincón-Mora) works also for NiMH and Pb accumulators.

A corresponding model for a similar problem -- a lamp in this case -- is described , including the appropriate SPICE simulation schematic and code.

Don't know, however, if it's useful for you, because it's in (Switzerland) German.

Hi erikl,

Yes, I see that the text it is in german.But the code is understandable.Thank you so much for the help.Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back