Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to build a ARM Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhobin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,could any body help me to build a ARM Programmer,or a circuit diagram of ARM programmer,:!:8-O:p

ARM processor based controllers come with inbuilt serial port programming support, as well as JTAG and ISP... what is the need of a seperate programmer for ARM....

Reactions: zhobin

zhobin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I need map to build it

ok, can you be more precise on the requirement? which controller? what you need to achieve? so that everybody can understand and help you better....

You only need a serial port interface chip between the ARM uart and pc uart,
check this schematic
https://www.olimex.com/dev/images/lpc-p2103-sch.gif
you only need the MAX3232 (or any other serial port level traslator) that connects the pc with the ARM serial port.
Only TX0 and RX0 are needed for programming.

Alex

hi, how do I convert the parallel jtag mini2440 ARM kit to usb port?
It would only connect a converter usb2parallel!

I found this very interesting work. however I am creating an environment for developing my own programs for the mini2440 ARM kit (I intend to develop programs from the ground up).

Right now, I'm wondering: Establish communication with jtag by OpenOCD or H-Jtag (using USB);record the flash memory; integrate a JTAG debug environment;and start to work :smile: .

Perhaps the (pini_1) post will be useful later, thanks!

hey....in your post, u mentioned u are planning of creating an environment for creating ur own programs for group up..i am also planning something similar...can you mail me ur details on badami.abbas@gmail.com
maybe we can work together and a make an excellent ARM programmer and other programs....thnx

MODERATOR: READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

USING SMS/SHORT HAND TYPING IS NOT ALLOWED

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.