Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to break 8051 lock and read the hex file from the IC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunish

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 lock breacking

hai all

after downloading the program to the 8051 based microcontroller,we used to lock the ic with the help of the programmer sofrware.is it possible for anyone to break this code and read the hex file from the ic?.

sunish

Re: 8051 lock breacking

It should not be possible to do that, not by "normal" means, anyway.
Once the code protection bits have been programmed, the user has no way of reading out the contents of the on-chip program memory.

It depends on how bad the attacker wants to read the chip. I have seen some research slides whrere the attecker dissoslves the plastic chip package with an acid that dissolves the package but does no harm to the silicone chip. Then the chips memory is covered with UV resitant material and the protection fuse left uncovered. When exposed to UV light the protection fuse is cleared.

If you would like to read more on this issue goto:

Regards,
IanP

CODE BREAKING IS BAD AND BECAUSE OF CMOS PROPERITY CODE CAN BE BREAKED.

hai
i think that it's bad to break the code of the program of someone else.but we should be aware of the technique they are using to break.so that we can work out some alternative solutions to protest our program

sunish

8051 lock breacking

Yes it is possible. I have seen one advert. in magazine for the same. After that advert. the magazine got lot of angry emails from developer.

Re: 8051 ic lock software.

hai all

how to lock 8051 ic.
Please give me any suggestions.

Thanks
Yekambar N

how to lock 8051 ic.
Please give me any suggestions
Using a programmer program the security bits (lock fuses) ..

IanP
:wink:

Re: 8051 ic lock software.

hai all how to lock 8051 ic. Please give me any suggestions. Thanks Yekambar N

As a memeber, you are free to open a new thread of your own querry. You have re-opened a 2006 thread again.:grin::grin::roll:

hai
i think that it's bad to break the code of the program of someone else.but we should be aware of the technique they are using to break.so that we can work out some alternative solutions to protest our program

sunish
did anyone break your or anyone other's code, with existing locking tech in microcntrollers????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back