Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to "block" soldermask

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_flander

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to block soldermask

I'm relativly new to PCB layouts, but I'm using P-CAD.

I need to tell the software that a certain area should NOT have any soldermask applied.

What is the "name" of this tool\technique? Or if your familiar with PCAD, how would this be accomplished?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

hi
I don't use pcad

but any decent pcb tool should allow you to do the following trick

1. create a new layer top_solder_mask or bot_solder_mask
2. or use one if you already have (allegro has one on geometry/package_gometry)

now create a desired shape in the layers specified above where you don't want the soldermask to be present.

Now when you set the photoplotter setup, on the soldemask film settings include the respective layer in which you added those special shapes

regards
:)

pacd- add polygon

Hi
PCad

In soldermask layer(top mask or bot mask) draw a polygon (Place menu) on the desired location where you want the splder mask.
That's all.

rishab

do it in other layer that is not use
then tell the maker : that is soldermask
layer!!
OK? Just guess.before i can not draw
un-normal pads,then i tell the maker
.that ok!

The easiest way for the fabricator is for you to add a relief on the soldermask layer. In other words add some type of geometry (lines or polygon) over the area of concern.

This is now viewable in a gerber viewer and the fabricator does not need any special notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back