Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to become a RF Designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinyuan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one year experience in base band design of cellular phone.

Now, i want to become a RF designer.

which book will i read?

Give me some opinion!

Thanks!

You should read Skillings on EM then Ramos, Whinnery, and Van Duzer.

See this topic.

Try this book

Author Gonzalez, Guillermo, 1944-
Title Microwave transistor amplifiers : analysis and design / Guillermo Gonzalez.
Publisher Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, 1984.

practical approach for beginner

katykaty03 said:
Try this book

Author Gonzalez, Guillermo, 1944-
Title Microwave transistor amplifiers : analysis and design / Guillermo Gonzalez.
Publisher Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, 1984.

practical approach for beginner

Why not tell him to start from Pozar's book "Micrwave Engineering". There is another one from Collin's "Foundations of Microwave Engineering" this is much better than Pozar's in my opinion even through I started with Pozar's book.

Another great book is Ludwig's & Bretchko's book: "RF Circuit Design: Theory and Applications" which has better depth in first steps.

I think the book "Micrwave Engineering" is not suitable for beginner. it's too difficult and theoretical.

there is a huge differnece between colin's book , and gonzales book

colin's book , ina therotical book covers many topics in microwave like Transmission lines , wave guides , propagations modes , peridic structures ,cavities
and so on

but gonzales book is concentrated in Amplifier design and oscillator

khouly

You might wanna begin with a fundamental communication circuit such as oscillator, mixer, freq synthesis, and rf amplifier.
I recommend an easy beginning book of
Smith, MODERN COMMUNICATION CIRCUITS (McGrawHill)

If you really want to get your feet wet on alot of the components and such,
the Chris Bowick book covers alot of topics with a fair amount of details.

It would prepare you for more advanced topics as well as introduce into most of the important concepts with enough depth.

Also it is not a large book

The other books listed are very good and each covers some important microwave
concepts. But I have found that, you need to look at alot of books to get a big picture and alot of the concepts down.

So in my opinion, in this order

Bowick
Pozar
Gonzalez

Then look for specialty books that describe 1 area, as you become more understanding of the harder concepts

I recomend you to study a Master in High Freq if you really want to be an expert RF and microwave designer.

Good Look

Where can I study one of those Masters in High Frequency?

There is no unique definition such "RF designer"..
Which area and which frequency range ?? Which type of circuits that you'll be involved to design ??
Obviously a radar engineering is not same as RFIC engineering or CATV designer can not involve into SoC design ..
There should be unique definition even for the basis.

But if you start from a good proper point into RF Engineering, I recommend you to read some basic books mentoned above but they are not sufficient..

Can someone upload softcopy of Pozarrs book

anuradhajoshi said:
how can i design swalow counter?

Design the basic three counters and connect them as in the Pulse Swallow counter configuration..

and put into consideration the conditions mentioned in the attached figure for working correctly..

Hope that helped..
Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back