Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to be a good analog circuit designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackson

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am an undergraduate student......just start doing some analog circuit design thing...I've read through some materials about that...like differential pairs, current sources....but I always find them difficult to comprehend......and we have to deal with many uncertainties and approximations..some of them are valid at one point but not the others...anyway, pretty confusing to me...did you guys feel the same before...and how to cope with it? Thanks a lot

im an undergraduate student like u too. i also find analog circuit design too complex. whenever our teacher tells us to do some project i always choose something digital. i have alot of interest in power electronics but i havent tried anything in this domain. analog electronics is like an unchartered territory for me. except for the lab work i usually dont do analog design.

but all of this is changing. if u look at other people's circuits and do some tweaking u get alot of understanding. the more experimenting u do the more u understand. analog electronics design is not such complex after all. read alot of good books on circuit design. The Art of Electronics is a good book.

if u find something useful in analog circuit design please do tell me. because im a learner like u. and ill love to learn new things

analog circuit design is different than anything in engineering and very different than anything in society either.

engineering school and society teach you to think in a straight line -- questions, formulas, solutions, everything is fast, instant messaging, computers, things are quick.

analog circuit design is like being an artist -- it takes a long time to learn, patience, discipline, love, intuition -- you just see things and know what happens, and that takes practice.

some people don't like the artistic part of analog design, the looking at the circuit, getting a feel for it, and being patience.

this is what it takes, finding different books, a lot of them, looking at different ways of looking at circuits, analog design is individual -- nobody can tell you how to be a good designer or how to learn it, everyone is different.

so, you need to do a lot of problems, see a lot of examples.

that is the best way.

I'm also an undergraduate student im UTM, Malaysia and taking a full time research in analog design field.

Analog design is very challenging! We need to be very2 patient at every problem that we face. That is why...you need to be very interested on taking this field, so that you can have a good encouragement to solve any problem in analog design.

As for me, I'm not very good in this field but because I'm very interested on alanog designning, I think I'm quite happy eventhough I'm always facing a lot of problem on my design. The most memorable and joyfull things in analog design if you are successfully design or solve some design issues.

My suggestion...be patient and do a lot of practice and design. This will help you to understand the 'art of analog design'!

Good luck to all of the analog student... :D

My feeling is that there is a must doing in analog circuit design fields: You must have interest on it to (not only just try) understand all pheonomena appeared in the circuits, not just only treated it as the works the boss gave you or the teachers' assignments. Really enjoy it, don't just want to get marks.

If you had requested me to mention what analog design is with one word. I would have said "ocean". Yes analog design is an ocean.

You know in real world everything is analog. So there are lots of disciplines that can be dealed with analog design.

Lot's of problems with physical world and lot's of approaches to them with analog design, So you have to read, to read, to read and to read lots.

Do be patient. Do work hard.

i think basic question is not answered in all replies.

you must go through semiconductor behavior analysis under different biasing conditions. then u will understand analog electronics in a better way.
i recommend this b/c all the changes in device behavior comes from dynamic resistance variations of semiconductor.

regards

i think basic question is not answered in all replies.

you must go through semiconductor behavior analysis under different biasing conditions. then u will understand analog electronics in a better way.
i recommend this b/c all the changes in device behavior comes from dynamic resistance variations of semiconductor.

regards

I'm a postgraduate student in MMU, Malayisa now..last time i learnt analogue design in TARC, Malaysia. Because of hard to understand the concept...so i have a very weak basic with analog design and i found no interest in analogue on that time. But since i did a digital layout design during my final year project, i found out it is quite interesting with that.

Now i'm dealing with the SRM motor in MMU. But i hope that i also can learn IC design in the same time. So, for u have to study hard and try to seek for help from ur lecturer and also can from this chatroom.

The most important things is try to treat it as one of your interest. Then you will find analogue design just is a peanut only!

Best Regards!

Study+Practice=good analog designer

you can select smps or test part for your development way.

You must read the book Analog CMOS IC design of Razavi. This is very interesting and helpful book for analog designer. Beside, you must some some other book to compare and develope knowledge background.
(You can search in this site to download many books about this problem)
Bye

yes....can I put it that way? Analog design requires you to have an intense interest in it....then you have to have experience and insight.....
am I right?
the most difficult thing I am facing is the uncertainties in analog circuit....just like quantum mechanics...everything seems not so certain to me......

Anyway, I am pretty new to this excellent forum..can anyone tell me how to find the book I need in this forum? I would appreciate you guys' help and kind attention. :)

You should have good concept of physics and mathematics and analog is nothing.

Disscuss with analog IC designer is also important.

u ought understand the semiconductor physics, can run the spice soft tool

If you could find some guru to guide you,you are lucky and can learn more quickly; if not, you need to pay extra efforts.

After entry level, you are forced to face problems alone and you need to be open,work hard,think twice and learn from failure:)

regards,
jordan76

electronrancher said:
Hackson said:
How to be a good analog circuit designer?

You should try to avoid making mistakes.

Find a good book to read as Analog CMOS desgn by Razavi or Mayer

Find a good software to practice as HSPICE or PSPICE

Read and practice, use theory and experience for designing. Bye

read good books, study other's circuits, practice(you can begin to do a circuit from imitating other's circuits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back