Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to assign the trace(copper) length for perticular net in allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soodamanikannan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using allegro 15.2V I like to route some nets in exact euaql line length like differential pairs, for impedance matching. but i don't know the length assignment steps anybody can give the guidence.

hi ,
if you like to match the differential pair choose help option ---> documentation and then help window open choose the practices for differential pair it is will help you

Hi,

To assign length constraint for group of signals u need to use constraint manager. Following are the steps to be followed

1. In constraint manger group all the signals for which u require length to be same ( its optional ) by clicking RMB and select Bus.
2. Click RMB and select either create --> pin pair or electrical c set
3. Select source and destination pins
4. In the constraint manager provide Min and Max Propagation delay for all the signals in the bus.
5. Tune the signals to match the length

I have not explained the steps in detail. Pls try once in case u face any problem will provide u the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back