Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to assign port in HFSS 3D Layout (re trace & hole pad)

aini_

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

How to assign port in HFSS 3D Layout for open-ended design? Can I assign the port on the via holes?

I am also new to HFSS but I think port assignments are not different between open and closed designs. Do you have a specific question about port assignment or a general one ? The via is not connected ? Why not to excite the trace ?

I am also new to HFSS but I think port assignments are not different between open and closed designs. Do you have a specific question about port assignment or a general one ? The via is not connected ? Why not to excite the trace ?
Hi.

The design is like through-hole for component where later we insert the desired component inside that, so that's why it does not have trace connected to it. The reason why am I asking is because I think the result may not be accurate as there is trace there. But I am also not sure about that.

When you insert the component to the via, how is it connected to the rest of the circuit ? What do you want to measure by exciting at the via ?

I dont know about all port types but I always use two conductors to excite the model.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back