How to assign port in HFSS 3D Layout (re trace & hole pad)

aini_

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

How to assign port in HFSS 3D Layout for open-ended design? Can I assign the port on the via holes?

I am also new to HFSS but I think port assignments are not different between open and closed designs. Do you have a specific question about port assignment or a general one ? The via is not connected ? Why not to excite the trace ?

I am also new to HFSS but I think port assignments are not different between open and closed designs. Do you have a specific question about port assignment or a general one ? The via is not connected ? Why not to excite the trace ?
Hi.

The design is like through-hole for component where later we insert the desired component inside that, so that's why it does not have trace connected to it. The reason why am I asking is because I think the result may not be accurate as there is trace there. But I am also not sure about that.

When you insert the component to the via, how is it connected to the rest of the circuit ? What do you want to measure by exciting at the via ?

I dont know about all port types but I always use two conductors to excite the model.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…