Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to assign material in HFSS 9.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fussylogia

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
material assigning

I m new user of hfss 9.0 and I have little but unsolved problem.when i creating my design I did not assign materials to some of the objects and in the end i cannot.When i select the object, assigning material option becomes inactive.How can i solve this?

Re: material assigning

Hi,
In HFSS 9.0, the material of the unassigned object is vacuum. you may double click the object that you want to assign material, and a dialog box will be appear, you click "vacuum" , and then you can assign material. oK!

fussylogia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: material assigning

Hi,
You go to history tree. In the model tree, there will be a subtree for unassigned materials. Go to the unassigned material box: Right-click-->Edit-->Properties. Click on material then a list of material will appear you choose the one you want to assign or you can create a new one if you know the epsilon and other material properties. Then click Ok. That way you can change the material properties later on also. Hope it helps.
Regards,
Rex

fussylogia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back